“Pobody is nerfect!”
This is one of the quotes I always believed in & it would be unwise for any of us to call anything to be perfect.
The same is very true with Bluehost hosting; as at times for certain website, Bluehost hosting doesn’t work as great as it should be. It’s not surprising to see people saying their website hosted on Bluehost is down or failed to run the Installation.
As an end user, I have had this experience quite a few times, but no downtime lasted more than 5 minutes. Though that was me, for many Bluehost downtimes was more than they could afford as a website owner. Especially a blogger or an E-commerce owner
Especially a blogger or an E-commerce owner whose whole bread & butter is dependent on their web site, I believe every second of downtime counts. If your sites hosted on Bluehost is down & looking for an alternative to it, I’m suggesting few of the web-hosting companies that you can shift.
Before you decide to migrate your site, I would recommend:
- If your downtime is not more than 5 minutes, you should not move.
- If your downtime is frequent & Bluehost customer support is unable to help you, then move immediately.
Also, thanks to latest technologies, now you can migrate your site without any downtime. I would talk more about this in upcoming articles, but for now, let’s find the web-hosting company which will keep your website up at the time of current crisis.
Bluehost Cancellation (You can cancel your Bluehost account from here)
Alternatives to Bluehost Hosting: 2017 Edition
I’m not listing Hostgator in this alternative list, as both Bluehost & Hostgator are part of EIG (Parent company).
I’m listing down some of the best non-EIG hosting companies who have offers same or better hardware quality & their customer support response time is excellent.
It was in 2014 when I moved my tech blog to SiteGround (CallingAllgeeks.org) & it was a decision which I never regretted. Siteground helped me to migrate my website from old hosting to their’s & within 4 hours I was up & running. The good part is; the migration was free.
Apart from their hosting features what I liked about SiteGround is their customer support. They offer live chat support & waiting time is not more than 2 minutes. Yah!
Especially after working with my old hosting support which takes hours to respond, I was surprised & happy with such customer service.
Their ticketing system is fast too & usually, you will get a response within an hour. Since I was on shared hosting, I wasn’t expecting to get a response before 4-5 hours.
So let me sum-up the pros & cons of Siteground hosting:
- Excellent customer support
- SSD hosting
- PHP 7 Enabled
- Free website migration
- Reasonable pricing
- Free SSL Certificate
- Siteground uses custom cPanel & for the first few time, Siteground dashboard might be confusing for people moving from hosting like Hostgator or Bluehost.
- Siteground have limited resources which is calculated as cycle. This makes their shared hosting not idle for high traffic websites. The way I handle this issue is by implementing their Supercacher technology (Free) & Cloudflare (Free) to stop bot traffic.
Overall, Siteground is a great alternative to Bluehost for low traffic site. One should go with their Growbig or GoGeek plan. If you have a high traffic site (More than 1,00,000 Views a month, you should look for other solution).
Check out SiteGround (60% off for limited time)
This is another web hosting which I could totally vouch for. When I started my online career in 2008, this is the first web-hosting I started with. I was with them for years then I moved to another hosting as I love exploring new web-hosting companies.
It’s kind of fun thing to do! 😉
DreamHost is a non-EIG hosting company which is popular for their custom cPanel & out of the box service. Around 2011 there was many complaints about their hosting quality, but in last two years (2015-2017), they have leveled up their hardware & support to become one of the reliable names in web-hosting industry.
Instead of giving you usual hosting features, let me quickly share few unique stuff about Dreamhost.
They are only hosting company that offers 97 days money back guarantee. You can literally get your money back & you will pay only for the domain name (Since they offer free domain name with their hosting plan).
DreamHost core strength is their top-notch support which is one of the reasons people who are tired of useless customer support prefer hosting companies like DreamHost.
Anyways, now let’s have a quick look at pros & cons of Dreamhost:
- Free Domain name
- Friendly customer support
- Unlimited Bandwidth & storage
- SSD Storage (Which is actually becoming a standard feature in 2017 & improved site performance exponentially)
- Their Dedicated hosting plan is little pricey
- Nothing more I can think of right now.
With 18 years of web hosting experience, they are one of the great hosting alternatives for Bluehost. One advantage of Dreamhost over Siteground is, here you have everything unlimited. You can read DreamHost unlimited policy here.
Grab DreamHost hosting (You get $50 discount)
Well, for now, these are the two options you have as Bluehost alternative. In the coming days as I will find more solutions, will update this post.
Update: Here are more recommended hosting by our community member:
- InMotion Hosting (Private hosting company from Los Angeles)
- Cloudways Hosting (Best way to host your site on Cloud. They also offer free migration)
Since this is a community site, you can suggest any good alternative for Bluehost web hosting. Be detailed when suggesting one & I might feature you in the next article.
Latest posts by Harsh Agrawal (see all)
- How To Install Free SSL Certificate on Bluehost & Move WordPress Site to HTTPS - April 1, 2017
- Bluehost Promo Code: Latest Working Offers & Discounts  - March 30, 2017
- 5 Minute Guide To Install WordPress on Bluehost Account - March 22, 2017